The Telephone Division of TNS UK undertakes a wide variety of telephone research amongst both businesses and consumers. Our job is to contact people and ask them their views and opinions on a wide range of topics. We pride ourselves on the high quality and accuracy of our data collection and the efficiency of our operation. We have over 400 people, working a variety of shifts in our West London Telephone Centre.
We have a great opportunity for a Team Manager within our consumer team. We are looking for someone with a positive attitude who can hit the ground running with proven record of managing people. The role is offered on the basis of doing 37.5 hours over a 5 day week. The majority of hours will be worked outside standard office hours. You will be required to work until 9pm 3-4 evenings a week and 3-4 weekend days (Saturday and Sunday) in a 6 week period.
What you’ll do
- Provide management and leadership to a team of up to 10 Telephone Supervisors and up to 200 interviewers who work on a flexible basis
- Take ownership of delivering a variety of telephone research projects on time, on budget and to the required quality standards
- Act as part of the wider centre management team to ensure that the telephone operation runs efficiently
- Ensure that scheduling and resource planning for projects is completed accurately
- Ensure the right supervisor and interviewer resource is trained and available to deliver our project requirements
- Act as the Shift Manager for the whole centre when required
- Undertake a variety of administrative tasks and activities to ensure the telephone centre runs smoothly
What you’ll have
- Significant call centre supervisory or management experience (not necessarily in market research)
- Strong people management skills and experience working with large diverse teams of people
- Significant experience motivating people within a call centre environment
- Experience of improving and managing performance, including undertaking disciplinary and grievances as required.
- Excellent communication skills – including leading meetings, delivering presentations and writing reports
- The drive to improve the performance of your team.
- Professionalism and integrity