Mission of the role:
The Team Manager has a key role in Resource Optimization Center (ROC) operations in terms of projects and people organization and management, trainings, resource planning and monitoring. He/she is responsible for a team of about 20 people within DP ROC.
His/her key responsibilities include (and are not limited to):
- Effectively lead a team of professionals (both junior and experienced team members), including day to day operations and people management responsibilities (staff planning, evaluations, goal settings, motivation, etc.).
- Manage key operational aspects of complex research projects across several methodologies.
- Work with cross-functional operations teams, local countries and research colleagues to ensure the project delivers according to budget, time and GfK quality standards.
- Provide high-level consultation on research project best practices.
- Responsible for defining and managing the data processes in the operations team.
- Review project specifications and coordinate operations project team to generate project execution plans and schedules that accurately reflect the work required to meet project objectives.
- Lead project kickoff meetings for all countries to ensure the operations project team understands timelines, responsibilities and study specifications.
- 5+ years of relevant experience, at least 2 of them on managerial position.
- Understanding and experience with different Data Processing techniques, Data Collection methods and/or scripting/tabulation software.
- Expertise in working within a business environment and developing solid working relationships with key operations contacts.
- Solid understanding and application of methodologies in market research and operations settings.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment to meet all deadlines utilizing effective prioritization and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to provide high-level consultation on research best practices.
- Excellent English written and spoken skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.