The Research Director leads and manages multiple complex market research projects from the proposal stage through to final report delivery. Specifically, Research Directors are expected to input on proposals, design (including sample/ weighting construction, questionnaire construction, analysis and reporting plans), project management, report findings from complex market research studies, and manage clients. In addition, Research Directors are expected to mentor more junior project team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proposal Development and Research Design – Provide input into proposed research design including exploration of alternative methodologies. Support proposal development including proposal writing and assisting with cost estimation/price development.
- Research Instrument Design – Design survey research instruments that will answer research questions and will meet the research and business objectives as defined in the proposal stage. Strong understanding of question and questionnaire construction is a must.
- Full Cycle Project Management – Assist the project team from design and programming through to report analysis and production. Monitor and report out on study performance in terms of schedule, quality, and budgets.
- Data Analysis Planning/Execution – Design and prepare data analysis plans, oversee data checking/tabulations, ensure quality of data, design reports.
- Data Interpretation and Reporting – Synthesize and integrate large amounts of data into compelling, concise deliverables that meet the client’s needs/expectations. Effectively present to a broad client audience.
- Client Management – Work with mid to senior level clients on various aspects of the research (design, timing, reporting, etc.), providing project updates, and delivering above and beyond client expectations. Anticipate clients’ needs/requirements and proactively manage situations to expectations and resolve any issues. Understand and advise on research issues including ad hoc requests as appropriate. Recognize opportunities for new business development.
Experience and Skills:
- Require 7-10 years in the market research industry on either the client or supplier side
- Outstanding client management skills; outstanding project management skills; excellent understanding of data analysis tools and technique
- Experience in the technology/banking industry- preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, marketing, mathematics, or social science.
- MBA, Master’s of Market Research, or Advanced Degree in Social Science preferred