Purpose of the Role:
- Serve as a team member on external and internal projects, providing a support role to the lead consultant.
- Lead uncomplicated projects under the direction and supervision of a Principal Consultant, another Senior Consultant or Research Director, or at the discretion of a Director.
- Mentor, support and direct less senior staff on project work and proposal writing.
- Work closely with other divisions of GfK to create winning proposals for clients.
- Work within deadlines and budget constraints to deliver the outcome according to the project briefs.
- Carry out a range of research activities, including: lab-based in-depth interviews, contextual studies, field research, service and workflow studies, conceptual and service design, group collaborative design, and prototyping
- Responsibility to colleagues:
- Supporting coworkers
- Working efficiently and supportively with other consultants in projects for clients.
- Working efficiently with colleagues to create excellent pieces of research that address the client’s needs.
- Create project and proposal costs, and recording on the CRM system and to manager
- Being diplomatic and sensitive to colleagues’ needs at all times.
- Address any political issues between teams or within the team with sensitivity and diplomacy, or discuss with line manager
- Collaborate and share research ideas and business plans with the UX team
- Direct and train less experienced staff to create meaningful work
- Help maintain a positive and friendly team atmosphere.
- Marketing and promotional work:
- Client liaison
- Performing independent research within agreed tactical areas for the business
- Creating case studies
- Help develop new propositions and products with internal GfK teams and solely as part of the UX team for external clients
Technical Skills Required:
- Advanced knowledge of UX techniques and services, basic knowledge of CE portfolio
- Advanced project management skills
- Fluent in English
- Advanced in MS Office
- Advanced qualitative research skill
- Advanced analytical skills
- Advanced presentation and communication skills
- Masters in HCI, ethno, anthropology or equivalent experience a bonus