- A varied role with an emphasis on design, execution & delivery of International quant but also opportunity to learn and develop in other areas
- Predominantly ad-hoc work covering a wide variety of innovation issues, such as market sizing, segmentation, ideation, concept testing, pricing, optimisation, forecasting etc.
- Other potential opportunities in consulting, global trends, qual, new techniques, consumer, media, travel and leisure etc.
The role is within the MOI Cloud team which is formed from researchers at various levels, selected for their cross-sector and innovation work expertise. The team works in a collaborative environment with a flat structure feel and aims to have a strong ‘intrapreneurial’ ethos with collective responsibility for shaping its future direction.
Examples of recent projects completed across the innovation lifecycle by members of the team:
- Segmentation of Consumers by their behaviours, attitudes & needs for a mobile operator
- Market sizing studies of Global and UK businesses to understand Telecomms and ITC product/service usage and profiles
- Consultancy to support development of product roadmap for a Global Telecomms provider
- Concept Tests & Product Refinement for a metropolitan transport provider
- User piloting, and Pricing Tests for various Contactless Payments solutions
- Conjoint / Trade off & Forecasting assessments of the market opportunity for the latest enterprise and consumer products and services, in a mix of international markets
- Digital Purchase Journey studies, looking at pathways to purchase for a technology service provider, and a consumer clothing brand
- Portfolio Optimisation work identifying trends and opportunities in the smartphone & tablet market, feeding into product and portfolio planning, strategic positioning and marketing teams for a major tech devices manufacturer
Key tasks & responsibilities:
Designing, project managing and executing multi-country quantitative projects i.e. writing proposals, putting together costs/prices, managing clients through the project lifecycle, sample design, questionnaire design, analysis spec writing, analysis and reporting, presenting, etc.
- Experience of and a genuine interest in:
- Working across client sectors e.g. technology, consumer, media, travel etc; ideally you will have experience in more than one of these sectors
- Innovation lifecycle – e.g. U&A, segmentation, NPD, Concept testing, proposition refinement (e.g. through conjoint), market opportunity assessment etc.
- delivery of insightful and memorable presentations
- An analytical mind set for successfully responding to client briefs and designing research approaches across all relevant stages (e.g. sampling, methodology, analytics, reporting and implementation)
- Proactive attitude, and thrive on taking responsibility for initiating and implementing actions to develop client accounts
- Excellent client handling skills, and a clear understanding of how research is used by clients and their internal stakeholders
- Great communication skills – a pro-active team player who enjoys working in smaller teams and flat structures, and is able to provide the key link between the business and the client
- Proven record delivering projects in a timely manner and meeting financial targets
- Some experience in, or a good understanding of our key markets, in particular Technology, Consumer, Media or Travel
- Some experience with, or an interest in, qualitative research, particularly when combined with quantitative work
Typical Education and Work Experience:
- A solid all round market research background, our clients are interested in creative solutions which draw on the full range of skills rather than black box off the shelf packages
- University graduate