McKinsey & Company’s North American Knowledge Center (NAKC) is looking for an analytically-driven Senior Research Analyst to join its Analytics team focusing on operations research and complex optimization, primarily for large public sector clients. The position will be based at NAKC, located in Waltham, MA (20 minutes west of Boston).
Whether you call yourself a systems engineer, optimization guru, or a modelling ninja, you will work with consultants, clients or internal teams to analyze large and complex operations, build models and create tools effectively balancing quality, availability, timeliness, and cost factors. You will on a large variety of problems across some of the most challenging topics various governments face, such as optimizing the largest repair supply chain in the world, or simulating workforce queueing problems.
We seek candidates who are passionate about, and have experience in, using analytical approaches and methodologies to solve diverse business problems. Specifically we are looking for candidates that meet the following criteria:
- Master’s degree in Operations Research, Systems Engineering, Applied Math, or related field, is required; PhD is a plus
- 3-5 years experience in analytics role in a consulting firm, government agency or corporate setting
- Advanced knowledge of statistical and operations research techniques (supply chain optimization, discrete event simulation, Bayesian networks, simulated annealing, integer programming, decision trees, regression, etc.)
- Advanced expertise in several analytic programming languages (R, Python, MATLAB, SAS, SQL, etc.) is required; proficiency in additional programming languages (C, C++,Java, etc.) is helpful
- Knowledge of visualization platforms (Tableau, TIBCO Spotfire, Alteryx, etc.) is helpful
- US Citizenship is required; security clearance is a strong plus and application will be required
- Intellectual curiosity, along with excellent problem-solving and quantitative skills, including the ability to disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions
- Ability to independently own and drive model development, balancing demands and deadlines
- Distinctive communications skills and ability to communicate analytical and technical content in an easy to understand way
- Strong people skills, team-orientation, and a professional attitude