Seldom does such a unique and rare career opportunity present itself: work for a global management consultancy firm, receiving exposure to 40 offices across 6 continents and be based in Cape Town! Join our African team of ambitious, multicultural entrepreneurs and thrive on the continued success and further plans for expansion and growth in 2015.
Frost & Sullivan’s African office is in the process of recruiting a high calibre senior industry analyst for its Healthcare Group. The candidate for this position will compliment the company’s globally-based team in the provision of world class market intelligence and consulting.
This position description provides a summary of the key responsibilities of the role, with the main criterion for the best candidate to show good knowledge of the Healthcare industry and experience in conducting research in this niche industry.
Salary: Market related, which a discretionary bonus structure per quarter.
- To increase business development activities and client contact
- Specialise in a particular domain area and be considered a global standard in the domain
- To take responsibility for project management and lead analyst/consulting roles in client engagements
- Coaching and Mentoring of Research Analysts to increase their contribution to the business unit
- Produce high quality growth consulting and research deliverables
- Develop a strong foundation of skills, contacts, and industry knowledge and get actively involved in business development
- Increase client satisfaction levels and have clarity of how well the research services contribute to the revenues and profitability of the BU and the company
- Utilising market research methods such as primary and secondary data collection, quantitative and forecast model building, qualitative analysis and research report writing
- Under the directions of your supervisor the billable hours will be split between the following activities: syndicated research, consulting projects, and business devel-opment and client support. Such activities will include trade show attendance, speaking engagements, inquiry time, analyst meetings, sales calls, article delivery, client councils, press quotes and frost.com vertical portal support, among others
- Complete high quality projects on time and under budget
- Ensure personal production schedule is on target
- Exhibit strong, and improve, forecasting/modelling skills
- Provide high quality contributions to the syndicated subscriptions, meeting the deadlines set by the manager
- Develop new market consulting skills, such as advanced modelling, public speak-ing, and provocative writing
- Initiate and participate in Research Review and Strategic Review Meeting
- To focus on profitability through a combination of business development activities and productivity
- Identify consulting leads and support subscription renewals
- Meet business targets and objectives for the sector, in particular revenue genera-tion, research generation and consulting project fulfilment
- Work on PR activity, including press mentions and articles
- Develop, coach and mentor staff within the team
- Assess training needs
- Work closely with counterparts in other regions with similar domain expertise
- Maintain a positive working environment in the research team and be motivating in nature
- Working as a team with Sales and Consulting, and other regional teams of the of same CBU, for global unit
- Participate in regular team meetings and contribute to the content strategy by suggesting research titles
- Develop strategic tools and quantitative models on a regular basis
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors/Masters degree or MBA in related technical or business discipline: Commerce; Economics; Finance
- Preferred Healthcare experience in consultancy or market research within industry focus area