Senior Data Executive
TNS BMRB National Statistics and Longitudinal Studies Team
More London Place, SE1
TNS BMRB is the largest commercial supplier of social research to government departments in the UK and has a growing body of research for academia. The research we undertake covers a wide range of government policy areas and is used to inform UK policy and programme development. We have a proven track record of success and this is a real opportunity to make a difference and to join a highly professional, motivated and friendly team.
We have an exciting opportunity for a candidate to join the team based in London Bridge as a Senior Data Executive. We are looking for someone highly motivated, who would like to work in a stimulating and demanding environment. This role may suit a candidate with some research experience, who has a strong interest and track record in data outputs.
The role will involve:
- Working with our research and data processing teams to agree specifications for datasets, quality assure datasets, and carry out data management tasks such as deriving new variables.
- Maintaining accurate documentation of specifications and quality assurance.
- Designing and interpreting KPIs to help the team identify issues with the project, process or data (for example, comparing participation rates over time or among different demographic groups to identify any anomalies).
- Creating data reports in SPSS and Excel and designing checks on these to ensure data quality.
- Ensuring the data tasks are performed on time and to high quality standards in order to meet client deadlines for data delivery.
- Inputting into system improvements, considering ways to increase efficiency and improve quality of data outputs.
- Responsible for final checks of the data prior to delivery to the client
- Own a set of KPIs and monitor the project performance against these
- Create data reports and carry out quality assurance
- Input into team and client meetings
Skills / Experience:
To find out more information about the role and to apply, please click here
- Advanced SPSS and Excel skills – must know how to use SPSS syntax and how to do a pivot table, lookup and write a Macro in Excel
- Numerical degree preferred
- Statistical knowledge an advantage
- Attention to detail a must