Our Business & Financial Services (BFS) practice partners with leading industry players within the Business and Financial community, including commercial and retail banks, investment banks, private equity firms, venture capital firms, asset management companies, hedge funds, and other specialty finance firms, as well as real estate investment trusts, insurance companies and management consultants to formulate strategic business decisions.
Our project portfolio encompasses research, analysis, strategy building and implementation, opportunity assessment, competitive benchmarking, IPO support and commercial due diligence. As a Senior Consultant you will be responsible for partnering with Frost & Sullivan’s clients in order to identify these strategic growth opportunities and ensure the successful delivery of market specific intellectual property.
The Senior Consultant holds full responsibility of ensuring project leadership/management of consulting engagements, the integrity of strategic and tactical recommendations and the development of detailed business/market strategies. The Consultant will also be the definitive point of contact for clients and will be required to demonstrate expert knowledge of the markets and develop strong business partnerships. Furthermore, the Senior Consultant will serve as the primary analyst on some projects, play a supporting research role, or potentially manage a team of internal Analysts.
- Project Leadership – Manage the delivery of major strategic consulting engagements from inception to completion, incorporating design, plan, cost and management, developing bespoke client focused solutions through commercial leadership.
- Business Development – Proactively develop and nurture client relationships, conducting detailed business needs analysis and demonstrating expert industry knowledge across the EIA region. Travel to clients and events for networking purposes is a also a key part of the role
- Team Development –Lead, manage and train team members, developing junior consultants; promoting innovative team ideas, best practices and processes.
- Research and Strategic Evaluation – Conduct primary/secondary tailored market research, using detailed research methodologies, developing market research content and methodologies.
- Client Communication – Author strategic market reports/presentations based upon focused industry research, whilst interpreting/analysing key data and presenting accurate results at a senior level.
- Internal Development– Contribute to Frost & Sullivan’s consulting offerings, standards and processes.
- Domain Expertise– Be the BFS advisory function expert within the business
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
The successful candidate will be a professional and committed business consultant, with a thorough understanding of consulting methodologies. Proven success with direct client interaction, business development, custom research project fulfilment and a pro-active, methodical and innovative working practice is essential, with a proven ability to deliver accurate results within a fast paced, client focused environment.
- Previous experience at OEM or supplier on areas like banking and finance or consulting experience in these areas from a leading strategic advisory company
- Strong project management skills.
- Previous experience of mentoring, training and inspiring a team of Consulting/Research professionals.
- Knowledge and/or experience of the BFS industry (an appreciation of the industry structure, operational practice, business functionalities and competitive landscape).
- Advanced ability to develop strong business relationships, collaborate with the sales function and establish continued client business.
- Articulate with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A degree level education or equivalent experience.
- A relevant post graduate qualification (MA, MBA)
- Frost & Sullivan prides itself on its multi-national teams; therefore a command of a second European language would be advantageous, preferably French, German or Italian.