Leading, conducting, and steering of strategic procurement activities within a specific category to establish optimal conditions with an excellent supplier base.
Key tasks & responsibilities:
- Provide cover and act on behalf of regional Head/Strategic Manager in their absence
- Define, communicate and align innovative sourcing strategies for a category, supporting both global and regional projects
- Initiating, designing and driving demand pooling across the functions/regions to ensure optimum use of the Procurement network and to maximize the contribution to the operating result.
- Lead network of local/regional Category buyers; Creating ‘One face to suppliers’.
- Proactively set up and conduct supplier management (in conjunction with partner functions, such as Client Services, project teams, etc.) to win and manage supplier relationships, develop the best suppliers and establish a sustainable supply chain. Categorize supplier.
- Conduct regular supplier evaluation and develop suppliers through clear target agreements and follow-up of the target achievement.
- Planning, monitoring and reporting on category-specific objectives. Implementing targets and defining measures for achieving these targets.
- Defining and implementing innovative negotiation concepts and strategies, and carrying out cost and contract negotiation. Leading into a Supplier contract management.
- Proactively perform sourcing marketing, and assessing market situations and particular risks to business processes to avoid/prevent potential difficulties through appropriate counter-measures.
- Interdisciplinary work in projects to gather information, take proactive measures and optimize internal processes and workflows, ensuring workflows are fit for business
- Regular and early involvement in business strategy and demand planning. Derive challenges and strategies for creating further competitive advantage.
- Professional expertise
- Advanced GfK Business knowledge
- Advanced Commercial knowledge
- Advanced user knowledge of IT tools and methods
- Expert English language skills
- Advanced Process knowledge
- Expert Negotiation skills
- Advanced Knowledge of contract law
- Working knowledge of SRM system to offer support and guidance to users within Category
- Strong Leadership Capabilities
- Thinks strategically
- Builds productive relationships
- Is client focused
- Communication skills
- Drives for results (high quality)
- Ability to analyze
Typical education and work experience:
- Several years’ experience in various roles within Procurement and cross-functional experience from employment in neighbouring functional areas.
- Advanced level project management
- Previous leadership role
- Previous employment in a foreign country (outside own continent) preferable and corresponding orientation and negotiation skills desirable