We feel strongly that you need to see the detail behind core responsibilities in order to make the right decision. We’ve got real a mix of dynamic accounts, containing a blend of adhoc and longitudinal projects and fantastic opportunities and a remit to focus primarily on building strong client relationships.
- Longitudinal programme for a global telecommunications provider: Engage in on-going conversations with the client in developing deep-dive adhoc analysis from the survey data, use external data source to support and construct compelling stories that support the client’s strategic decisions.
- Non-assigned Technology and Finance adhoc: with key focus on opportunity development, proposal writing, research design and analysis. Additional focus, although not exclusively so, within Customer Strategies research and the Banking/Insurance sectors.
- Customer Strategies – Offer Development: We strongly believe that to be good at research it’s key everyone plays a role in developing our offer and latest thinking, alongside day-to-day account responsibilities. One area we’re really excited about is our renewed focus on Customer Strategies – we’re developing new tools around social media analytics, real-time touchpoint measurement and the overall customer relationship. This role includes a remit to work and train with our UK and global centres of excellence to develop and hone these tools for application to our clients and key business sectors, and to be the member of our team to ‘own’ this area – adopting the role of champion within the team.
What This Role Is Not
Following reorganisation at the start of the year our Development team have delegated a number of core responsibilities to an affiliated Delivery team. We now have substantially reduced focus on;
- Overseeing the day-to-day management of research projects (including both internal and client liaison).
- Internal discussions with scripting, fieldwork and data / quality control and checking teams.
- Developing and operationalising the technical or coordination aspects of new research methodologies.
This role therefore provides you with a great opportunity to focus your career on the aspects of research we think many researchers personally most enjoy and from which they get most value.
Additionally the TNS Tech and Finance team want to really seize our remit to lead the way in terms, collaborative insight, story-telling and creating client relationships based on mutual passion and personality fit.
Simply put, we’ll work with you to ensure you have access to fantastic opportunities to focus your career on the aspects of research you personally most enjoy and from which you’ll get most value.
The Opportunities For You!
- Highly profitable division that facilitates a fast pace of progression for talent based on performance and ability.
- Exciting client portfolio with a large proportion of international work.
- Involvement in all areas of the TNS Development role, including new business development and extra-curricular / company-wide initiatives.
- A chance to refine insight and client handling skills to an advanced level.
- Exposure to the senior management team and a chance to play a role in team-wide decision making.
- Clear TNS focus on people, work-life balance and fast-tracked personal developmental.
- Excellent training opportunities (including TNS University) and a clear commitment to coaching and collaborative working within the team.
- Social team looking to play even harder this year and bring personal passions into the research we do!
Key Skills Required
- Strong track record in quant research – experienced in different quantitative methodologies and designing analysis approaches with an eye for detail.
- Experienced in client handling.
- Shaping and delivering research design and results presentations that will deliver business success and drive client engagement.
- Supporting and sometimes leading new business opportunities.
- Knowledge and passion for Technology and/or Finance.
- Ability and willingness to take ownership and responsibility.
- Flexible approach to work and ability to multi-task / adapt when needed.
- Takes collaborative approach to work with great inter-personal skills and enthusiasm to succeed and to help others around you do so as well.
- Good Excel and PowerPoint skills and sound grasp of data analytics. Experience of using SPSS and similar software will be an advantage.
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent …OR able to demonstrate a comparable quality of thinking and application.