This is an excellent position where you will be able to provide innovative, insightful market research solutions that address the needs of top CPG, financial services, technology, and automotive clients.
This opportunity with great work/life balance sits within the Customer Strategies division at TNS, and will manage projects for clients throughout the West Coast region, primarily technology accounts. Our focus in Customer Strategies at TNS is in understanding the experience customers have with brands, and the role that service delivery plays in influencing company preference, repurchase decision and advocacy.
Reporting to the Vice President, Research Management, this is a perfect role for a data driven, creative market researcher who loves to delight clients through designing and delivering compelling marketing research. The successful candidate will be responsible for all the day to day research management on client programs.
As the world’s leading company for consumer insight, TNS provides world-class solutions to more than half of the Fortune Top 100 companies. Based on long-established expertise and market-leading solutions, TNS advises clients on growth strategies for new market expansion, innovation, brand and customer experience. With a presence in more than 80 countries, TNS has more conversations with consumers than anyone else, and understands individual human behaviors and attitudes across every cultural, economic and political region of the world.
Kantar is the data investment management division of WPP and one of the world’s largest insight, information and consultancy groups. By connecting the diverse talents of its 13 specialist companies, the group aims to become the pre-eminent provider of compelling and inspirational insights for the global business community. Its 28,500 employees work across 100 countries and across the whole spectrum of research and consultancy disciplines, enabling the group to offer clients business insights at every point of the consumer cycle. The group’s services are employed by over half of the Fortune Top 500 companies.
What you will do…
- Design or assist in the design of research questionnaires and other key research instruments
- Develop costing and providing input into proposals
- Communicate with clients and internal stakeholders to provide updates on progress of the research and to identify any issues
- Formulate analyses plans, specifies cross-tab plans, and develop PowerPoint charts
- Interpret data, drafts full reports, and making initial recommendations
- Meet deadlines and deliver results with minimum supervision.
- Utilize excellent communication skills to deliver results of data analysis to professionals with various backgrounds
- Exercise excellent time management skills
- Work independently and collaborate effectively with other team members
What you will need…
- Successful candidates will be a proactive and creative problem-solver with a confident, client-friendly demeanor is a must. You should expect regular client interaction, including in person, as critical part of the role.
- 4+ years of consumer marketing research experience that includes a strong background in quantitative research methodology and statistical analyses
- Proficient in SPSS or another statistical software package (SPSS preferred) Custom data interrogation is needed in many projects.
- Experience with customer satisfaction and experience research. Experience working with clients in the technology industry, particularly with B2B research, is desired.
- Experience and understanding of statistical tests and tools, particular regression and drivers analysis, correlation, and tests of significance.
- Able to work independently with little supervision; takes initiative to develop opportunities and advance the work
- Possess excellent written/verbal communication, presentation and project management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel