The opportunity provides innovative, insightful market research solutions that address the needs of some of TNS’s top CPG, financial services, technology, and automotive clients.
This role sits within the Brand & Communications division at TNS, and will manage projects throughout the West Coast region. Our focus in Brand & Communications at TNS is in understanding how people make decisions about brands, and the role that communications play in influencing these decisions. This means investigating consumer attitudes and behaviors and their underlying motivations at every stage of a brand’s lifecycle.
Reporting to the Vice President, Research Management, this is a perfect role for a data driven, creative market researcher who loves to delight clients through designing and delivering compelling marketing research. The successful candidate will be responsible for all the day to day research management on client programs.
As the world’s leading company for consumer insight, TNS provides world-class solutions to more than half of the Fortune Top 100 companies. Based on long-established expertise and market-leading solutions, TNS advises clients on growth strategies for new market expansion, innovation, brand and customer experience. With a presence in more than 80 countries, TNS has more conversations with consumers than anyone else, and understands individual human behaviors and attitudes across every cultural, economic and political region of the world.
Kantar is the data investment management division of WPP and one of the world’s largest insight, information and consultancy groups. By connecting the diverse talents of its 13 specialist companies, the group aims to become the pre-eminent provider of compelling and inspirational insights for the global business community. Its 28,500 employees work across 100 countries and across the whole spectrum of research and consultancy disciplines, enabling the group to offer clients business insights at every point of the consumer cycle. The group’s services are employed by over half of the Fortune Top 500 companies.
What you will do…
- Work with senior team members to manage multiple research projects and ensure successful and timely delivery to clients
- Assist in the design of research projects and survey development to meet client objectives
- Communicate with clients and internal colleagues to provide updates on progress of the research projects and to identify any issues
- Assist in the formulation of analyses plans, cross-tab plans, and development of PowerPoint reports
- Work with senior team members to interpret data, develop stories, and write reports
- Work both independently and collaboratively with other team members
What you will need…
- Enthusiasm, confidence, curiosity, and a positive outlook
- Goal oriented, driven to achieve; willingness to go above and beyond regular duties
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and switch gears quickly based on shifting priorities
- Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to effectively engage with clients and internal colleagues
- Genuine interest in culture, brands, advertising, social media and other marketing communications
- Ideally 1 to 2 years of marketing research experience that includes a strong background in quantitative research methodologies and statistical analyses
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Graphics knowledge & SPSS (or SAS) knowledge