As part of McKinsey’s Basic Materials Practice, Metals & Mining is a global group of Consultants and Knowledge Professionals serving clients in steel, nonferrous metals, and mining industries around the world. It is supported by centers of competence in São Paulo, Brussels, Düsseldorf, Johannesburg, Delhi, and Shanghai. To strenghten our team of experts in Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium, we seek (Jr.) Research Analyst Metallurgy and Metals.
You will work very closely with our consulting teams, providing them with your knowledge and expertise. Your work will focus on compiling and synthesizing data and facts on current topics in the metals industry for our client engagements at the local and international level and for our internal knowledge projects. You will research and analyze the relevant technical and economic issues, such as market situation and competitive intensity or market and company trends. You will respond to short-term requests and be involved in projects for longer periods – occasionally at the client site. In your work, you will have access to numerous sources of information as well as to a network of internal and external specialists. Through your work on different topics and projects, you will develop broad-based expertise in the metals industry. As an important member of our international network, you will have access to a globe-spanning picture of the industry and many international contacts.
- You have a Doctoral/Master’s degree and a very good academic record, preferably in metallurgical science, or in materials science
- Work experience within the metals industry will be very welcomed and valued
- You are fascinated by developments on the global metals industry markets
- You have superior problem-solving, analytical, and quantitative skills
- You have an interest in and an understanding of economic, financial, and general business concepts and terminology
- You communicate persuasively both orally and in writing in English
- You are highly motivated and creative, and enjoy working independently as well as in a team