Quantitative Research Director
Job Level: Manager/Team Leader
Job type: Client Service/Business Development
This is a rare opportunity to focus your attention on the fascinating and exponentially growing Sub Saharan African markets.
In Client Services at TNS, we build enduring relationships with some of the world’s greatest brands. We pitch for big and exciting new research opportunities, and we don’t just offer compelling business insights – we provide actionable recommendations for growth. We have a passion and curiosity for how human behaviour can influence brand performance, and the communication skills to share it persuasively.
The role overview
You’ll take charge of everything from client servicing to business development, research design and planning to team and commercial management. It means inspiring and motivating your executive research team and developing their skills to the full. Importantly, you’ll forge deep, lasting relationships with clients – global brands that appreciate open, honest conversations and challenging ideas. And at every stage, you’ll stretch the limits of your commercial know-how, building your own expertise.
What you’ll do
- Oversee pricing, achieve annual targets and boost profitability
- Drive your team to deliver high-quality proposals for local and international projects, plus the highest standards of project management
- Lead client relationships, showing your team how it’s done
- Develop business from both new and existing clients by building on a thorough understanding of their needs and their markets
- Get the best out of your people by making sure they’re well-trained, have clear objectives, are well-informed and are recognized for their performance
What you’ll be
- Highly experienced in market research
- An excellent team builder and manager – you’ll know how to gain the trust and respect of your people as well as your clients
- An authoritative, persuasive communicator capable of establishing enormous credibility with your clients
- Qualified in statistics or any of the sciences or management sciences – you’ll hold at least an HND/BSc or equivalent