We are on the lookout for an experienced qualitative researcher at Associate Director / Research Director level to play a key role in GfK NOP’s Market Opportunity and Innovation (MOI) team, working across an existing international account portfolio. The role would specifically be within the MOI Health team.
We have a strong entrepreneurial spirit, love solving problems, getting things done for clients; and we enjoy what we do! If that sounds like you, we would love to meet you.
The role summarised:
- A varied role with an emphasis on design, execution & delivery of international qualitative research, specifically in the field of early product development in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Ad-hoc work covering wide variety of innovation issues, such as market landscaping, segmentation, ideation, new product concept development, positioning, creative concept testing, etc.
- Leadership of a small team of qualitative researchers focused on the health industry.
- Interaction with the wider group of senior qualitative researchers working across sectors (Consumer, B2B, Tech and Financial), sharing new methodological approaches and best practices.
- Other potential opportunities in consulting, global trends, new techniques etc.
The MOI Health team is formed of researchers at various levels. The team works in a collaborative environment with a flat structure feel and aims to have a strong entrepreneurial ethos with collective responsibility for shaping its future direction.
Examples of recent projects completed across the innovation lifecycle by members of the team:
- Market landscaping to assess current treatment pathways and unmet needs in new indications for a client’s product
- Segmentation of physicians treating type II diabetes.
- Early product concept development for a client in the medical devices arena. This was a multi-stage programme of research that included client workshops and several iterations of both qualitative and quantitative research
- Re-evaluating the positioning platform of a long-standing branded product that is expanding its list of indications
- Developing and testing creative concepts for a new medical device
The ideal candidate is self-driven with a passion for innovation, combined with a solid background in qualitative ad-hoc research. Specifically, we are looking for someone with a number of the below:
- Experience of and a genuine interest in:
- Innovation lifecycle – e.g. early product development, product positioning, concept testing, market opportunity assessment, etc.
- Designing, managing and executing multi-country qualitative projects
- Delivery of insightful and memorable presentations
- A solid all round market research background our clients are interested in creative solutions which draw on the full range of skills rather than black box off the shelf packages
- An analytical mind set for successfully responding to client briefs and designing research approaches across all relevant stages (e.g. sample design, creative methodologies, analysis techniques, reporting that tells a story)
- Proactive attitude, and thrive on taking responsibility for initiating and implementing actions to develop client accounts