The Merger Management service line is a rapidly expanding area for McKinsey. In order to increase client impact and meet demand, McKinsey is hiring experienced consultants to drive and deliver engagements. Specifically, there is a need for Engagement Manager (EM) level consultants with expertise in Merger & Acquisitions/Transformation Management.
McKinsey’s Merger Management service line seeks highly productive leaders to support the company through thiscontinued period of growth and opportunity. As such, this new EM should have experience leading engagement work within a consulting firm and a successful track record of high-impact client service. The ideal candidate will have deep expertise in the Mergers & Acquisitions/Transformation area, and have broad transactions, post-merger integration and organization knowledge. More specifically, s/he should have prior consulting work experience in several of the following areas:
- M&A strategy and target identification and selection
- Deal transaction and financial and operational due diligence
- Integration strategy development and planning
- Synergy identification and realization
- Day-to-day management and leading a PMO
- Post-merger integration processes
- M&A capability building
- This individual is the key source of intellectual insight on an engagement, framing business problems in a way that the team can then execute to drive impact and client value. Specifically, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Leading diverse teams and advising companies on transformational merger integration and multi-acquisition capability building
- Bringing in deep functional knowledge, expertise, and proprietary tools to every client situation
- Running day-to-day PMO/IMO (Project Management Operations/Integration Management Operations)
- Managing and developing strategic client relationships, and ensuring the highest quality client work
- Achieving recognition both internally and externally as a key “go to” consultant in Merger related issues
- Inspiring, leading and developing new consulting staff to the Merger Management service line
- Exceptional intellectual and analytical curiosity; a creative visionary who can manage innovation
- Sophisticated executive demeanor, comfortable functioning at the highest levels of client organizations; excellent presentation skills, including strong verbal and writing capabilities
- Experienced leader with strong entrepreneurial drive, who thrives on intellectual challenge and “raises the bar” in terms of client service delivery
- Ability to effectively balance client work with Firm and Service Line building activities and leadership initiatives
- Senior Manager level (or equivalent title) experience at a tier-one consulting firm, with expertise in Mergers & Acquisitions/Transformation and Integration Management.
- An advanced degree, preferably an MBA or Master’s degree in Organizational Development.
- Five or more years of work experience after graduate school, with a distinctive record of professional achievement and impact specifically in the Merger Management arena.
- A proven track record of establishing positive client relationships that leads to generating repeat and/or new opportunities and successful client engagements.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams, and in-depth of knowledge/defined involvement in helping frame, design and execute solutions for challenging business situations.
- A team-orientation and collaborative approach; outstanding listening skills and the ability to manage through influence.
- Proven thought leadership within his/her industry space including production, syndication/publication of “marketable” knowledge.