McKinsey & Company has set the standards of excellence in top management consulting for more than 80 years. We advise decision makers in leading companies, the public sector, non-profit organizations, and innovative, fast-growing start-ups around the globe. When you come to McKinsey, you take on challenges that matter with people who matter in organizations that matter.
Our Service Operations Group is part of McKinsey’s Operations Practice and helps clients create and execute service strategies that lead to competitive advantage and significant, measurable bottom-line impact. Our main focus is on building client capabilities to lay the foundation for continuous improvement. We work with companies in service industries and also with product-based companies seeking to develop and optimize service offerings for their customers. We have taken the proven tools of lean production and Six Sigma across industries and tailored them to specific operating environments in each of the sectors we serve.
At McKinsey, we offer unique opportunities to use your knowledge creatively to influence others. As a consultant in our Service Operations group, you will work in teams of consultants using your expertise in the sales area to help clients achieve new performance highs. You will make an important contribution to the analysis, design, and implementation of our sales transformation approaches, developing tailor-made solutions and working closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results. In addition to working directly with clients, you will also share your expertise with colleagues internationally, thereby expanding your knowledge and refining our approaches in the field of Service Operations.
- You have professional experience as a Sales Manager/Director leading a team and are used to making strategic decisions on market strategy and sales operations
- You have demonstrated deep practical expertise in leading strategic sales transformations and a thorough command of sales operations (e.g., sales process and execution, product mix optimization, value selling, action planning, pricing, or post-merger/turnaround management)
- You have an excellent university degree
- You have outstanding analytical and conceptual skills
- You show great initiative and creativity, working well both on your own or in a team
- You are confident, enthusiastic, and mobile
- You are able to convince others through your written or spoken communications – in the language of the country where you will work, as well as in English