McKinsey & Company has set the standards of excellence in top management consulting for more than 85 years. We advise decision makers in leading companies, the public sector, non-profit organizations, and innovate, fast-growing start-ups around the globe. When you come to McKinsey, you take on challenges that matter with people who matter in organizations that matter.
We are looking for talented individuals to strengthen our team of consultants working in the Operations Practice in the areas of Purchasing and Supply Management. We advise leading multinational businesses in all industries, helping them achieve outstanding savings. Our consultants are also experts in areas such as global sourcing, e-procurement, supplier development, and the formation of purchasing organizations. To strengthen our Purchasing and Supply Management group, we are looking for Junior Consultants in Purchasing and Supply Management as participants in our Operations Excellence Program (OEP) to become Purchasing and Supply Management Specialists.
In this two-year training program in Munich, Hamburg, Lyon, London, Gothenburg or Madrid, you will acquire the necessary knowledge to help companies achieve excellence in their operations. Along with other members of the OEP community, you will dedicate one day a week to functional training and knowledge development under the leadership of our operations experts.
As part of a team of colleagues and clients from various economic sectors, you will work on developing purchasing strategies that support clients’ business objectives and give them a competitive edge. In addition to working directly with clients, you will also collaborate with colleagues worldwide to build and shape our expertise and approaches to purchasing and supply management optimization, continually developing your own knowledge as well as that of the firm.
After completing the program, you will work in McKinsey’s Purchasing and Supply Management Practice as a consultant with focus on implementing key changes in the field of operational excellence.
- You have gained initial professional experience in strategic purchasing and/or supply management
- You have an excellent university degree
- You are passionate about operational excellence
- You possess outstanding analytical and conceptual skills
- You show great initiative and creativity, working well both on your own and in a team
- You are confident, enthusiastic, and mobile
- You are able to convince others through your written or spoken communication – in the language of the country where you will work, as well as in English