McKinsey & Company is a management consulting firm that helps leading corporations and organizations make distinctive, lasting and substantial improvements in their performance.
McKinsey’s Operations Practice is one of the fastest growing practices in McKinsey globally and in Asia. We are committed to helping our clients achieve world-class operations. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on implementation, we develop and define operational strategies to help our clients around the world solve their most critical problems. We tackle the key operational challenges faced by our clients, particularly in the areas of supply chain management, product development, purchasing & supply management, service operations, manufacturing, and capital productivity. To ensure we continue to deliver distinctive expertise to our clients, we hire primarily experienced professionals with strong industry background.
As a consultant in Purchasing & Supply Management, you will work with colleagues and client staff from a wide range of business areas across the world to develop purchasing strategies. In addition, you will work in cooperation with our worldwide network of consultants to shape McKinsey’s thinking in this area, continuously developing your own knowledge, as well as that of the Firm.
- Minimum 6 years of global purchasing experience for large organizations, preferably in Automotive, IT/High-tech, Industrial/Consumer Goods, or Retail sector
- Strong foundational knowledge of purchasing and strategic sourcing principles such as: TCO, supplier collaboration, design to cost, risk management, price leverage, organizational design, global sourcing, etc.
- Experience assessing and driving transformational improvements across purchasing and sourcing organizations.
- Experience in business strategy planning a plus
- Proven leader with the ability to inspire others, build strong relationships, and create a true followership
- Collaborative team player, capable of working well with others, but also autonomously with little direction
- Superior analytical, quantitative and conceptual thinking
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Entrepreneurial and result-driven achiever
- Bachelors degree, ideally in engineering field
- Advanced degree in related fields or MBA is preferred
- Fluent English and Korean a must