McKinsey & Company has set the standards of excellence in top management consulting for more than 80 years. We advise decision makers in leading companies, the public sector, non-profit organizations, and innovate, fast-growing start-ups around the globe. When you come to McKinsey, you take on challenges that matter with people who matter in organizations that matter.
We are looking for talented individuals to strengthen our team of consultants working in the Operations Practice in the areas of Lean Services. We help clients create and execute service strategies that lead to competitive advantage and significant, measurable bottom-line impact. Our main focus is on building client capabilities to lay the foundation for continuous improvement. We work with companies in service industries and also with product-based companies seeking to develop and optimize service offerings for their customers. We have taken the proven tools of lean production and Six Sigma across industries and tailored them to specific operating environments in each of the sectors we serve. To strengthen our Service Operations group, we are looking for Junior Consultants in Lean Services as participants in our Operations Excellence Program (OEP) to become Lean Services Specialists.
In this two-year program in Munich, Hamburg, Lyon, London, Gothenburg or Madrid, you will acquire the necessary knowledge to help companies achieve excellence in their operations. Along with other members of the OEP community, you will dedicate one day a week to functional training and knowledge development under the leadership of our operations experts.
As a consultant in our Service Operations group, you will work in teams of consultants helping clients to achieve new performance highs. You will make an important contribution to the analysis, design, and implementation of business performance approaches, developing tailor-made solutions and working closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results. In addition to working directly with clients, you will share your insights with colleagues and contribute to developing and refining our knowledge. After completing the program, you will work in McKinsey’s Service Operations Practice as a consultant with focus on implementing key changes in the field of operational excellence.
- You have gained initial professional experience in planning and executing business performance transformations (e.g., comprehensive process optimization, lean management) using Six Sigma and other lean concepts in service industries
- You have an excellent university degree
- You have first knowledge of lean operations, e.g., Kaizen, Six Sigma tools
- You possess outstanding analytical and conceptual skills
- You show great initiative and creativity, working well both on your own and in a team
- You are confident, enthusiastic, and mobile
- You are able to convince others through your written or spoken communication – in the language of the country where you will work, as well as in English