McKinsey & Company has set the standards of excellence in top management consulting for more than 85 years. We advise decision makers in leading companies, the public sector, non-profit organizations, and innovate, fast-growing start-ups around the globe. When you come to McKinsey, you take on challenges that matter with people who matter in organizations that matter.
We are looking for talented individuals to strengthen our team of consultants working in the Operations Practice in the areas of Lean Manufacturing. Our clients include leading companies worldwide from a wide range of industries. We offer their managements support and advice on strategic and operational questions relating to Lean Manufacturing. To strengthen our Manufacturing group, we are looking for Junior Consultants in Lean Manufacturing as participants in our Operations Excellence Program (OEP) to become Lean Manufacturing Specialists.
In this two-year training program in Munich, Hamburg, Lyon, London, Gothenburg or Madrid, you will acquire the necessary knowledge to help companies achieve excellence in their operations. Along with other members of the OEP community, you will dedicate one day a week to functional training and knowledge development under the leadership of our operations experts.
As a consultant in our Manufacturing group, you will work with companies from a wide variety of sectors and learn the principles of lean production and six sigma from leading international experts. At this stage, you will develop tailor-made solutions and work closely with client service teams to ensure positive impact and sustainable results. In addition to working directly with clients, you will share your insights with colleagues and contribute to developing and refining our knowledge. After completing the program, you will work in McKinsey’s Manufacturing Practice as a consultant with focus on implementing key changes in the field of operational excellence.
- You have an excellent university degree, with a technical or business specialization
- You have gained initial professional experience in operations, for example, in the introduction and implementation of Lean Manufacturing concepts or Six Sigma
- You are passionate about operational excellence
- You possess outstanding analytical and conceptual skills
- You show great initiative and creativity, working well both on your own and in a team
- You are confident, enthusiastic, and mobile
- You are able to convince others through your written or spoken communication – in the language of the country where you will work, as well as in English