GfK Online Pricing Intelligence (OPI) is a leading provider of global online retail market data to retailers and manufacturers. The systems, data and operations are very rapidly expanding to broaden services around the world.
The company’s services are built on top of a real-time data platform which gathers and organises data automatically, on a massive scale. We are looking for an Operations Engineer to join an existing team of eight, based in both Slough, UK and Iasi, Romania, and who will be closely collaborating with other teams based in Newcastle.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
It is the responsibility of the Operations Team to manage and maintain the data collection processes, using a variety of custom-built tools, to ensure that data is flowing into the system 24/7. The Operations Team are also responsible for expanding the reach of the system by setting up data collection processes for new web sites, and to investigate customer-related issues escalated from Newcastle.
Web sites and web technologies evolve at a rapid pace and the Operations Team are required to stay on top change in order to keep delivering a stable service. This requires creative problem-solving skills, strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills and a proactive attitude. This role offers a lot of flexibility and the ops team are encouraged to improve their own productivity by enhancing the internal toolset and driving innovation in the company.
• Strong technical understanding of web technologies & tools
• HTML, CSS
• SQL server querying
• Regular expressions
• XML, XPath
• Other scripting languages, such as Python
• Experience with server-side scripting, e.g. PHP, Ruby or Node
• SQL server DB design & development
• Microsoft.Net / C# / ASP.Net / MVC
• Any NoSQL experience
• The role is ideally suited to someone interested in working with & learning more about the latest technologies in a dynamic environment, dealing with data and services around the world
• Creative problem-solving skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills and a proactive attitude
To find out more information about the role and to apply, please click here