McKinsey & Company is a management consulting firm that helps leading corporations and organizations make distinctive, lasting and substantial improvements in their performance. With consultants deployed from more than 90 offices in more than 50 countries, McKinsey advises companies on strategic, operational, organizational and technological issues.
As a member of McKinsey’s world-class Operations Practice, you will be responsible for blending strategic thinking with hands-on implementation, advising on developing and defining operational strategies to help our clients around the world solve their most critical problems. Capital Productivity is a rapidly growing service line with deep functional expertise focusing on issues of capital allocation & portfolio optimization; business case, concept/design optimization; procurement and contracting; construction, commissioning and ramp-up; and organizational capabilities, tools and processes to deliver significant and sustainable improvements for our clients. We provide a unique set of tools and techniques to help clients identify opportunities that represent a robust set of value propositions across the entire CapEx value chain.
As a Construction Expert, you will be a thought leader and expert practitioner with deep experience delivering (project/program management) mega capital projects utilizing continuous improvement methods. This is an excellent opportunity to apply your expertise across industries and have a significant impact across the CapEx value chain including:
- Applying your managerial expertise of large capital construction projects with deep expertise in bottom-up design, design optimization, risk management, contracting & procurement and ramp-up of production processes in capital intensive industries
- Delivering lean/six sigma project implementations and capability-building in the context of the overall wave/project/continuous improvement effort
- Developing short and long-term capability-building plans for all relevant levels of client leadership with anticipated deliverables, outcomes, and required resources
- 15+ years experience in industry or consulting environment that includes a progressive career trajectory, and outstanding professional achievement and impact
- Bachelor degree required, Master degree with superior academic achievement preferred
- Proven track record and hands-on expertise delivering (as Project Executive/Project Manager) large CapEx Construction projects (>$500MM) across the entire project life cycle
- Industry expertise in one of the following: Oil & Gas, Mining/Smelting, PetroChemicals
- Prior experience as Owner’s Representative, Design/Build or Engineering Procurement & Construction (EPC) company desirable
- Deep knowledge and expertise delivering continuous improvement programs, i.e.Lean/Six Sigma required
- Proficiency in industrial engineering, contractor management, design optimization, procurement and commissioning
- Strong interest in knowledge development, i.e., Lean Leadership; Articles, Experiential Learning and a passion for capability building
- High-value personal qualities – critical thinking and problem-solving skills, ability to influence, work in teams, resourceful, responsible, tenacious, independent, self-confident, high-energy, etc.
To find out more information about the role and to apply, please click here