McKinsey & Company (McKinsey) is a global management consulting firm that advises the world’s leading businesses, governments and institutions. McKinsey has more than 95 offices in over 50 countries and serves eight out of the ten of Fortune magazine’s Most Admired Companies.
McKinsey Solutions is a new group within McKinsey that leverages 85 years of McKinsey industry and functional expertise with data, proprietary analytics, and software tools. The group offers a new suite of services with the goal of helping organizations gain greater clarity in decision making, and achieve significant long-term performance improvement. The solutions are complementary to McKinsey’s management consulting services and offers a variety of support models to ensure clients get exactly what they need. The team works closely with client organizations to embed the tools and build their capabilities to sustain impact over time.
Our Service Delivery Managers work closely with Periscope leadership and diverse McKinsey resources to define, set-up, and manage the service delivery processes. They leverage Periscope, McKinsey Solutions Office (MSO) and Firm assets to serve clients and create sustainable impact. Service Delivery Managers often work on more than one project at any point in time and are at the core of bridging client business challenges with Periscope’s capabilities.
The key activities of the Service Delivery Manager include:
- Work with client representatives and McKinsey consultants in joint problem-solving sessions, and define the project scope (problem definition, configuration, data modeling, usability review, process set-up, etc.)
- Estimate costs for setting up operations and operational costs for executing data acquisition and professional service delivery activities
- Manage the set-up of operations by being the single point of contact for internal IT teams and/or the different shared service centers
- Drive the process of converting/enriching client raw data sources to deliver the insights related to the business challenges at stake. This requires Service Delivery Managers to master the analytics/methodology embedded into Periscope and the functional & data concepts related to the Periscope’s functional or sector domains
- Accompany clients in their use of Periscope to sustainably drive high impact. This involves engaging with client sponsors on a regular basis to discuss about how to drive user adoption, help them with questions they might have regarding the Solution usage or applicability and build client capabilities
- Steer the usage of a large range of capabilities such as our Data Services organization for heavy duty data work, more junior colleagues such as Solution Specialists, Data Specialists and other practices within the Firm (for example, McKinsey Digital Labs)
- Our most successful Service Delivery Managers have a high level of entrepreneurship, creativity and resilience
- They are extremely good at problem solving challenging business issues with client executives and McKinsey consultants
- They show empathy and leadership with clients and colleagues
- They are passionate about what they do
- They excel in managing client engagements in a fast-paced environment