Innovation and smart client service practices are at the heart of McKinsey Solutions where we are dedicated to creating an outstanding organization. To help us achieve this, we need talented and ambitious people who inspire and deliver change.
Currently, Organizational Solutions Coaches deliver end-to-end support activities related to embedding a health system – from deployment of the OHI and analytics to results syndication and action planning. Organizational Solutions Coaches regularly interact with McKinsey client engagement teams and clients and are highly versatile in terms of ability to explain the case for health, drive thoughtful health analytics and insights, and make recommendations on actions to take. Successful candidates for this role will have distinctive analytical and communication skills.
The majority of work is now focused on OHI but may shift more to OrgLab and other organizational solutions over time, providing the opportunity to cross-train and build diverse capabilities in:
- Org Lab – a breakthrough technology that removes many of the traditional barriers to org design therefore helping organizations get to a better answer, more quickly.
- Top Team Effectiveness survey – provides a quantitative assessment of the interactions and impact of the CEO and their direct reports on each other and the broader organization.
- Social Network Analysis – an analytical method to identify and depict ties between individuals in an organization.
- Managing the administration, analysis, and synthesis of data from proprietary McKinsey diagnostic tools and techniques and production of client-ready feedback reports
- Problem solving within client engagement teams and clients to help develop the blueprint and program architecture to guide health improvements
- Coaching consultants on proprietary tools and techniques
- Investing in building the Solution through strategic initiatives (e.g. building and improving our toolset, including client materials, IT systems, etc.)
- Building, codifying and disseminating knowledge related to OHI
- Occasionally, working full-time on client engagement teams, including travel when required
- Facilitating client ‘train the trainer’ activities or boot camps
- Developing a spike in a particular area of expertise (e.g., market outreach, client service, analytics, etc.)
- University degree, ideally in organizational/industrial psychology, business, Human resources, engineering, operations, economics or other technical discipline
- Strong academic record
- Graduate degree preferred but not required
- 1-3 + years, preferably 1+ year experience in one or more of the following: Organizational behavior, Survey design/implementation, Human resources
- Solid problem-solving, analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to use statistics to solve problems
- Effective multitasking ability
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptionally strong team player
- Previous experience in developing and analyzing surveys helpful
- Strong skills in Excel and PowerPoint.