McKinsey Implementation is a new and rapidly growing capability for the McKinsey & Company. It provides distinctive end-to-end support to ensure our clients deliver and sustain the full benefits of McKinsey’s recommended change in their business. The purpose of McKinsey Implementation is to work with the firm’s clients and help them build their delivery and execution capabilities.
Focused on healthcare engagements, our Healthcare Implementation Coaches are on the ground ensuring that implementation success is a priority. They engage at a deep level, working in small teams to build the capabilities, systems, and processes needed to deliver bottom-line results and then ensure those results will be sustained. Their work is about coaching and delivering lasting outcomes.
Being part of our team of implementation consultants provides great opportunities, including:
- Gaining powerful experience in the healthcare sector
- Driving lasting impact on critical issues that confront leading healthcare institutions
- Developing practical recommendations and contributing to team discussions on implications of analysis; identifying implementation challenges
- Managing projects and progress with minimal supervision, including tracking metrics, handling complex analyses, and preparing communications to report back to client and internal leadership
- Working alongside the client’s staff on each engagement, assisting with implementation tasks
- Facilitating working sessions with front-line and supervisors and motivating the client team
- Building our clients’ capabilities; encouraging them to achieve success beyond their expectations
Our roles are suited to people who can apply problem-solving and experience-based judgement to complex challenges by focusing on the critical issues and constraints that affect business performance. We seek individuals who demonstrate leadership, integrity, a sharp analytical mind, creativity, and the ability to work with people across all levels in an organization to make them successful.
Competitive candidates will demonstrate the following:
- 3+ years of work experience in the healthcare field; clinical operations, supply chain, service operations, and/or IT experience preferred
- Undergraduate and/or master’s degree in business, engineering, operations or healthcare-related disciplines
- Strong record of academic achievement and clear demonstration of leadership in a work, academic, and/or extracurricular setting
- Understanding of the principles of change management and performance metrics and dialogs
- Highly skilled problem-solving abilities (quantitative, conceptual, analytical)
- Strong interest and passion for coaching or mentoring clients
- Comfort with extensive travel (4-5 days/week)