- Passionate about understanding what makes people tick?
- Interested in how advertising and brands work?
- Comfortable looking at numbers to uncover patterns, with an eye for detail?
- Keen to join one of Australia and New Zealand’s Best Employers?
Then you might be right for Millward Brown!
Millward Brown is one of the world’s top ten full-service marketing research agencies specializing in brand, media and communications research. Our client portfolio spans most leading global and local brands covering a range of different industries, from gaming to finance and chocolate to vitamins. With more than 88 offices in 58 countries we tap into a global network focused on being at the cutting edge of consumer understanding and creating meaningful impact for our clients.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Marketing Science Executive role to join Millward Brown in our North Sydney office.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU JOIN THE COMPANY?
We have a well established, full program that clearly sets you up with the core, fundamental skills you will need to be a successful Marketing Science Consultant. Our comprehensive, supportive and dynamic program is in its fifth year of deployment, with graduates from previous intakes following clear progression paths, many now at Account Manager level.
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
The main area of focus for an Executive is to hold a basic to mid-level understanding of marketing science techniques and how they can be applied to meet different client needs, within the context of the Millward Brown client service team.
- Marketing Science Techniques: To hold a good awareness and understanding of all the basic to mid-level marketing science techniques that can be used to help answer client questions and to start to gain an understanding of the more complex marketing science processes that are involved in the larger standalone projects.
- Client Focus: To hold a good awareness and understanding of relevant clients through the client service team in order to support the rest of the marketing science team more effectively in delivering advice and consultancy.
- Millward Brown tools & techniques, ethos & beliefs:
- To gain an understanding of relevant Millward Brown tools and techniques in the first three months of working in the role and demonstrate ability to work independently on basic to mid-level projects after first three months
- What each product delivers and how it helps the client
- How each product is implemented
- What the data output looks like for each product
- Why the typical presentation output looks like
To support senior marketing science team members with analysis and interpretation of projects and communicating the results to the client service team.
- Analysis support: Understands Millward Brown data and the issues that arise (becoming familiar with questionnaire layout, common measures used in analyses, exporting data into SPSS and managing basic analytics solutions).
- Communication with the client service team: Interpreting client objectives and work with seniors to offer good advice about potential analyses. Thinks about how the analysis answers the original client question and the insight it provides. Explaining with your senior manager the results of all Marketing Science analyses to client service.