Junior Analytic Specialists in the Americas Marketing & Sales practice are dedicated to working with client teams on solving our clients’ business problems with a strong quantitative nature. Junior Analytic Specialists assist our clients through conducting state of the art hands-on quantitative analysis across the spectrum of marketing and sales, including segmentation, propensity modeling, funnel analysis, CLM, digital marketing, media mix modeling and pricing.
The role of the Junior Analytic Specialist has three broad sets of responsibilities:
- Client service support and development: works directly with consulting teams in conducting deep analytics on client and external data, playing a significant role in team problem solving through the findings and insights from analysis.
- Knowledge development: advancing McKinsey’s overall knowledge base by providing analytical rigour and problem solving to our proprietary knowledge investments.
- Knowledge transfer and practice development: operates as part of a wider firm community, supporting the development of both the analytical group as well as greater understanding of analytics and results in the consulting population.
Client Service Support (ca. 60%):
- Work directly with clients and client teams to conduct hands-on rigorous quantitative analysis, primarily on marketing and sales topics but occasionally more broadly, as part of the overall problem-solving approach.
- Advise client teams on analytical options to address their specific needs, including discussing potential analytical approaches to problems, associated costs and trade-offs, and recommendations.
- Work with the team to translate input from quantitative analyses into specific and actionable business recommendations
- Support clientele development through analytical approaches
Knowledge development (ca. 20%):
- Support McKinsey proprietary knowledge investments in marketing and sales via rigorous quantitative analysis, including interpreting findings and results
- Develop, in collaboration with other consultants, innovative analytical approaches to marketing and sales challenges.
Knowledge transfer and practice development (ca. 20%):
- In conjunction with leadership group, support externalization efforts on our analytical services and collaborations for existing and potential clients
- Run internal training programs on analytical approaches
- Support internal (Firm and practice) information requests
- Strong academic qualifications, with an advanced degree in a quantitative discipline (typically statistics, mathematics or econometrics, economics, operations research)
- 1-3 years of work experience in analytical services with some marketing and sales orientation. They may join following completion of their degree
- Conceptual problem-solving skills with exceptional numerical and statistical ability
- Analytic Specialists must show clear expertise in statistical analyses and be able to describe from start to finish the analytic processes in their area of expertise, including when and why they favor specific approaches.
- Programming experience with SAS, SPSS or other languages (e.g., Java, C++, Perl, etc.)
- Strong multi-tasking abilities, flexibility, and patience in a fluid environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional attitude and service orientation; team player
- Willingness to travel