The Marketing & Sales Practice is a rapidly expanding practice area for McKinsey. Financial Institution is a key priority sector for the Firm, and the practice aims at strengthening its value proposition and service in the field. For this reason, McKinsey is hiring experienced consultants to drive and deliver engagements in Marketing & Sales in Financial Insitution.
McKinsey & Company is a global management consultant firm that helps leading corporations and organizations make distinctive, lasting and substantial improvements in their performance. Over the last eight decades, the Firm’s primary objective has remained constant: to serve senior leaders as their most trusted external advisor on critical issues facing their organizations. With over 8,000 consultants deployed from 90 offices in 50 countries, McKinsey advises companies, governments and non-profit organizations on strategic, operational, organizational and technological issues. The Firm has extensive experience in 19 major industry sectors and 8 primary functional areas as well as in-depth expertise in high-priority areas for today’s leaders, such as growth, globalization and the new economy. McKinsey consultants have deep sector and functional expertise and clients benefit from the Firm’s integrated industry insights and its global reach.
This individual is a key source of intellectual insight on an engagement, framing business problems in a way that the team can then execute to drive client value. Specifically, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Leading, identifying and developing new business development opportunities to advise organizations on Marketing & Sales-related engagements
- Understanding and translating clients’ business needs into specific and concrete set of actions and analyses
- Deriving business insight and developing recommendations by leveraging a general understanding of client context, clients issues and M&S-related insights and levers
- Enhancing Firm’s knowledge in the Marketing & Sales in banking field, exploring new methodologies, frameworks and approach
- 7+years of business experience in Marketing & Sales-related topics in the retail banking and/or credit card industry
- Senior Manager level (or equivalent title) with expertise in one of the areas above listed. Previous consulting experience at a tier-one consulting firm ideal; and/or deep experience in other client service-oriented roles acceptable
- Outstanding business development skills and the ability to establish positive client relationships that leads to generating repeat and/or new client engagements
- Proven thought leadership within the Marketing & Sales space including production, syndication/publication of “marketable” knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to develop and apply information-driven analytic approaches to solve critical business questions in a practical manner with tangible results
- Experience leading cross-functional teams, and in-depth of knowledge/defined involvement in helping frame, design and execute solutions for challenging business situations
- A team-orientation and collaborative approach; outstanding listening skills and the ability to manage through influence
- Sophisticated executive demeanor, comfortable functioning at the highest levels of client organizations; excellent presentation skills, including strong verbal and writing capabilities
- An advanced degree, preferably an MBA, Master’s degree or PhD in quantitative discipline