Analytics specialists in the Marketing & Sales Practice are dedicated to working with client teams on solving business problems with a strong quantitative nature. Specialists conduct hands-on analysis across the spectrum of marketing and sales, including segmentation, propensity modeling, funnel analysis, customer lifecycle management, digital marketing, marketing mix modeling and pricing.
The role of analytics specialists covers three broad sets of responsibilities:
- Client service support and development: works directly with consulting teams in conducting deep analytics on client and external data, playing a significant role in team problem solving through the findings and insights from analysis.
- Knowledge development: advances McKinsey’s overall knowledge base by providing analytical rigor and problem solving to our proprietary knowledge investments. At more senior levels, also focuses on developing new analytical approaches and techniques.
- Knowledge transfer and practice development: operates as part of a wider firm community, supporting the development of both the analytical group as well as greater understanding of analytics and results in the consulting population.
- Strong multi-tasking abilities, flexibility, and patience in a fluid environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional attitude and service orientation; team player
- Willingness to travel
- Strong academic qualifications, with an advanced degree in a quantitative discipline (typically Statistics, Mathematics, or Econometrics)
- 3 to 5 years of work experience in analytical services with some marketing and sales orientation (1-3 years of work experience as junior analytical specialist)
- Conceptual problem-solving skills with exceptional numerical and statistical ability
- Programming experience with SAS, SPSS or other languages (e.g., Java, C++, Perl, etc).