GfK Automotive provides a suite of ongoing studies monitoring consumer attitudes and purchase behavior in the automotive market.
The Irvine office location is seeking a positive, team-oriented Analyst to provide analysis of current consumer opinions and industry trends for major automotive companies. This position will require flexibility to travel to client locations and between offices as needed. This position will report to a Key Account Manager who is responsible for overall client management, business development, and consulting to automotive manufacturers.
Key tasks & responsibilities:
• Update and deliver ongoing syndicated monthly reports
• Interpret syndicated and custom data to assist client understanding of
market dynamics and impact on clients business
• Outline, write and present analytical and consulting reports to external
• Assist with client account management
• Working with Key Account Manager, coordinate and write new client
• Respond to intermediate and advanced client data and information
• Perform as an integral member of the client consulting team
• Conduct in-house or client “workshops” on the research and interpretive
components of GfK Automotive products and services.components of GfK Automotive products and services.
• Experience with and working knowledge of automotive research and
automotive industry in a variety of contexts and settings
• Experience with quantitative research – particularly tracking studies
specializing in brand health, communications, and purchase process
metrics is a plus.
• Demonstrated skills in data synthesis, analysis and report writing on a
variety of topical issues related to the automotive industry
• Proven organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to interact with clients
• High proficiency and passion for data analysis, insight generation and
• Experience with a variety of automotive market research studies,
methodologies and techniques
• Ability and proficiency in “hands-on” data analysis using tools such as
SPSS, mTAB and/or SAS
• Experience with research design (e.g. questionnaire development, sample
frame, data tabulation generation, data delivery) and implementation
• Ability to apply appropriate statistical techniques as required in proposals
• Experience in working with research/marketing/product-planning related
functions at a client or having performed these functions while working at
an automotive manufacturer/distributor is a plus
Typical education and work experience:
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
• 5+ years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination
of education and experience.
To find out more information about the role and to apply, please click here