Currently, Kantar Health is looking for a Market Access senior consultant based in the EU for our global Market Access business. This unique individual will be responsible for leading the business development and delivery of research based consulting projects for pharmaceutical and public sector clients facilitating strategies for easing and maintaining market access. The individual will also cultivate and sustain payer/advisor/influencer relationships in the context of country health care reform.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Business Development/ client relations – Work with clients to identify and address market access needs based on subject matter expertise and access to the broad range of KH capabilities.
- Leverage the knowledge of high profile decision makers in individual markets (either from medical, pharmaceutical, policy or economics background) coming from direct pricing and reimbursement decision committees (AIFA, NICE, IQWIG or the Transparency Commission); translate findings in to actionable results for clients.
- Study design and interpretation for qualitative payer research (evolving to oversight as internal capabilities expand and develop)
- Deliver on revenue targets while managing costs. Liaise with local and global KH teams and explore common project opportunities and contribute to joint business development.
- Share market access expertise with colleagues to contribute to global team development; facilitate personal development and on the job training for junior consultants.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Senior strategic consulting skills in MA and Oncology with desire to build and maintain external relationships.
- Broad understanding of reimbursement systems at least in Europe along with understanding of multiple therapeutic areas.
- Strong knowledge of a pharmaceutical organization and processes, especially those of market access and pricing and reimbursement teams, medical liaisons, marketing and HEOR functions.
- MD preferred, PhD (in related discipline or business), Pharm D
- Willingness to contributor to a growing and evolving practice area.
- Strong English language skills required; proficiency in additional language (German, Spanish, French, or Italian) preferred.
- Ten or more year’s experience consulting or working in the pharma industry; or working for a payer within a health system in a research based position with experience in strategic consulting in market access.
- Demonstrated experience in developing value propositions to support pharmaceutical products and the preparation of reimbursement submissions at the global level.
- Business development experience including research proposal writing, client relationship development, and delivering advice to high profile clients.
- Remote working experience with proven ability to collaborate with a diverse global team.
- Demonstrated experience overseeing large scale international projects from a remote location.
- Strategic agility – Can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; displays a broad knowledge and perspective or topics; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately.
- Organizational agility – Knowledgeable about how organizations work; understands the culture of organizations; understand the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices and procedures.
- Innovation management – Has good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work; can project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace.
- Relationship management – ability to build and maintain strong and mutually beneficial partnerships and collaborations with subject matter experts and influencers.
- Able to work in a team environment as well as independently with limited supervision.
- Communication – Able to translate scientific data into relevant information for health care decision makers.