More London Place, SE1
The job description identifies the basic outline of the job. It does not claim to be exclusive in the duties it defines, nor should it be seen as such.
Purpose of Job
Reporting to the Development Services team manager, the overall purpose of this role is to undertake any Development Services projects involving .NET/ SQL Server with some support from senior team members.
The Development Services department is a team 7 developers and analysts with team members expected to be able to manage their own projects throughout the project life cycle. This will include elements of systems analysis and system design, including some client contact which will vary depending on the nature and size of the project. The size of projects varies typically from weeks to months in terms of effort.
to find out more information about the role and to apply, please click here
- Complete development projects utilising Microsoft web, database and application technologies primarily C# and SQL.
- Support and maintain developments on existing projects.
- Be able to quickly interpret project priorities and alter development style to suit project needs.
- Ensure all work is carried out in line with the agreed working practices and quality procedures.
- Monitor costs and progress on all projects and keep managers abreast of any potential issues.
- Produce regular communications to clients to inform them of project progress
- Provide input into and undertake costings.
- Produce and adhere to schedules, liaise with project management teams to maintain such schedules.
- Actively seek to develop knowledge and skills.
- Take on research and development responsibilities as required to investigate new technologies, software etc.