This role is responsible for developing a strong partnership with GfK’s Chinese clients on APAC level, fostering client growth both globally and regionally and delivering results for regional headquarters of clients in APAC. Position is based in Singapore and travel within APAC is required.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Lead local account managers in regional pitches, proposals and deliverables.
- Sell, coordinate and implement projects for Chinese clients in APAC.
- Support countries in establishing reports and services to meet the needs of the Chinese clients.
- Provide advice and support to China in presentation for critical projects.
- Ensure quality of regional bids to Chinese clients.
- Ensure best practice and information sharing across countries in APAC for Chinese clients.
- Develop and nurture client relationship to a high level of management and decision makers to drive business development with Chinese clients.
- Clarify escalation issues with local Management, Quality leads and Operational team and escalate to Commercial Director, APAC or Global Director / Head.
- Responsible for client revenues at APAC level.
- White/Gap analysis and account planning by country.
- Responsible for alignment of commercial conditions for client contracts with Global Directors / Global Heads.
- Allocate regional / local resources for troubleshooting on Key Accounts.
- Prepare pricing strategy for bids for the client (more than 500k Euro).
- Work with Industry Lead and Legal Department to negotiate Master Agreements, rate cards and conditions (e.g. discount structure).
- Represent full GfK portfolio of CC sector business and facilitates CE sector business, in collaboration with respective colleagues.
- Responsible for strategic account planning and forecasting of account and managing onsite activities.
- Support the creation of Industry/client strategy.
- Support the standardization and enhancement of existing products.
- Ability to lead a team in establishing and managing market research projects to completion.
- Well-versed and experienced in the supply chain of electronics digital technology products, preferably in the telecom industry.
- Excellent analysis and presentation skills.
- Excellent client relationship building and sales development skills.
- Able to produce analysis reports in Chinese.
- Fluent Mandarin speaker.
- Able to communicate effectively in English.
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- At least 15 years of working experience with some years in retail audit research field, preferably with electronics technology industry in China.
- At least 8 years of experience in leadership and people management role.