Junior Software Developer
Global Information Systems
TNS UK Ltd
London, SE1 2QY
The purpose of the role: To be part of a development team creating great applications and software solutions for a world leading market research company.
What this role has to deliver:
Software design & creation
- Creating software, from agreed specifications, using industry standard software development environments and techniques.
- Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling and implementation.
- Assist in definition and documentation of business requirements, objectives, deliverables and specifications on a project by project basis.
Software testing & documentation
- Documenting, implementing and carrying out unit, system and integration testing.
- Documenting, succinctly, all development work in accordance to agreed standards
The scope of the role:
- Have autonomy over own activities but mainly working as part of a project development team.
While working as part of a project team, for day to day activities, you will report to the specific Project Manager.
The knowledge and skills needed for success:
- The role will require working with several technologies so it is essential you are happy to learn and work with new technologies
- You are keen to learn and develop your skills even further, working your way around Visual Studio and understanding how we build systems.
- You will be a self-starter and have the ability to work on your own initiative once shown the ropes
- Will have strong analytical and problem solving skills, and a creative and flexible attitude
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent, or achieved professional qualification and takes initiative to ensure technical skills and specialisations are kept up to date in line with industry developments
To ensure your skills are developed you are expected to actively involve yourself in achieving professional qualifications and certifications
to find out more information about the role and to apply, please click here