We are a strong growing team of more than 20 software developers, architects and software engineers in Bulgaria (over 600 worldwide) that work in an ultra-modern area of development, design and analysis tools encompassing the experience of our worldwide team into international collaboration.
Our division is responsible for the technical conception and development of our new panel production system „Newton”.
For the new project we are launching a development team in Bulgaria and we are looking for highly motivated professionals. We are glad to invite you to join us as:
Key objective of the role:
To further foster our ability to deliver global software development projects and expand our German software development team with new positions in Bulgaria.
- Deliver modular and tested code that follows design decisions of Architects (Software Developer);
- Deliver artifacts that are economic for the GfK, i.e. cost effective solutions;
- Be proactive and prepared when “the team” has to contribute to a meeting e.g. iteration review, team meetings, work on impediments etc.;
- Support the (Lead) Architects and Project Manager, communicate project risks to PM;
“MUST HAVE” knowledge and experience:
- Deep and up-to-date knowledge of creation and maintenance of software solutions;
- Good understanding of IT architectures;
- Experience with enterprise web-applications;
- 2-5 years of experience in the development of complex software systems using Java;
- Ability to create project deliverables that are complete, of professional quality, and compliant with established project standards;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in parallel;
- Ability to understand complex terminology;
- Very good command of English.
Considered an advantage:
- Java SE 7 Programmer II (1Z0-804) certification;
- Experience with file based databases and/or large scale data files processing;
- Experience with Hadoop and Cloudera in particular;
- Working with enormous datasets (in Terabytes) and increasing number of transactions;
- Working experience in professional development environment and processes.