GfK Boutique Research provides unique data driven institutional research derived from GfK point-of-sale (POS) data. We sell this research to institutional investors at tier one hedge funds. Our 30+ analysts based in US, UK and Hong Kong read and analyse GfK POS data to describe the current and predict the future end-demand trends for technology hardware, wireless semis and consumer durable companies and markets.
The Market Research Analyst, Institutional Quantitative Specialist will research market conditions in local, regional, national and international areas. The individual will be responsible for gathering information to determine potential sales of GfK Boutique quantitative research products. They will also gather information on competitors, prices, sales and methods of distribution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Analyze and identify competitive dynamics within several industries by combining our proprietary point-of-sale data with web-based research and external data points and participate in product design initiatives to present to the clients.
· Coordinate activities between the analysts in the UK, HK and US offices in analyzing the data to describe future trends in the markets
· Ensure analysts have knowledge of GfK clients to secure our near 100% historical renewal rate
· Monitor study performance in terms of schedule, quality and client expectations
· Create bi-weekly research reports supporting the analysis conducted on many industries
· Forecast accurately
· Adhoc client support
· Adher and monitor budget
To find out more information about the role and to apply, please click here
Experience and Skills:
· 3-4 year experience with Point-Of-Service data
· Understand quantitative investment processes in the alternative investments world
· Ability to dive into large, complex data sets to create unique, actionable analysis for our clients.
· High proficiency of Microsoft excel (Pivot Tables, Macros, Formulas) and understanding of SQL database
· Solid analytical skills and strong presentation skills
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Prospecting and international experience desirable
· Ability to self-motivate and work independently
· Interest in technology a plus
· Travel required on monthly basis
A Bachelor degree or equivalent is required
Interested candidates should forward their resume and salary expectations to Dionne.Brown-Sypioe@gfk.com