Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will deliver Human Resource (HR) support to the business smoothly and professionally while providing high level of service to internal clients/stakeholders.
Specifically, you will:
- Manage the HR function and act as a primary consultant to Business Unit on all HR matters
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of local HR laws, regulations and issues. Recommend appropriate business solutions to issues and problems
- Establish and monitor operational performance standards in compliance with company policy, procedures, and guidelines and maintain accepted and proper administrative operations
- Develop cost effective human resource solutions to business problems, direct audits of the HR functions, and design management reports and analyze data
- Oversee the corrective counselling process; work with management to recognize strong and weak performance and develop ways to keep communications open and morale high
- Build strong employee value propositions that attract, develop, reward and retain top talent. Assist in developing a fostering environment that will attract and retain qualified employees. Consult with management on morale, turnover, and performance evaluation.
- Keep abreast of local Compensation and Benefits (C&B) practices and administer C&B plans
- Resolve a variety of employee relation problems. Ensure legal compliance to issues central to HR activities
- Recommend and provide guidance on hires, terminations, salary actions and establish standards and procedures
- Manage training calendar and activities
- Attend to specific HR processes that relate to on-boarding and transferring of employee internationally
- Manage other HR projects including administration of the Performance Management System and HR Information System
Besides possessing strong organizational and problem solving skills, the successful applicant shall be an effective communicator with excellent priority setting skills.
In particular, you shall have/be:
- Degree qualification in HR or related discipline
- 10 years+ of HR experience; preferably as a HR Generalist or Business Partner
- Well versed with local employment best practices and labour law
- Experience in working in a multi-country context and cross-cultural environment (desirable)
- Demonstrable record of working with others productively in a rapidly growing organization
- Ability to handle confidentiality at all times
- Fluency in English and Malay language skills (imperative)
- Working knowledge of MS office applications namely Word & Excel (essential)