User Experience is an exciting discipline that forms part of GfK’s product portfolio. As part of a global UX team numbering more than 150 consultants, China represents a key market that will continue to grow aggressively over the next few years. We are looking for an ambitious and experienced User Experience leader to join our UX team in China.
You will be responsible for leading and growing the UX team in China. You will report to the Managing Director of China, as well as the Global Head of UX. The role encompasses a broad range of responsibilities including:
- Managing the UX team in China (across Beijing and Shanghai).
- Meeting commercial targets for UX such as revenue and profitability.
- Sales activities with clients including sales meetings, proposal writing and presentations.
- Guiding marketing activities to grow GfK’s UX presence in China.
- Working proactively with GfK’s Key Account Managers to introduce UX to existing and new clients.
- Spotting and developing opportunities within the organisation and closely liaising with stakeholders.
- Conducting a wide variety of projects for clients utilizing your own skills and the skills of the team.
- Connecting with GfK’s UX team members in other countries to assist with global projects and to help your team learn from global experiences.
- Solid experience in User Experience Research, with relevant degree (or equivalent).
- Expertise in a variety of study designs / research approaches.
- Extensive experience and enthusiasm on moderating 1:1 sessions.
- Experience in UX consulting / expert reviews.
- High level project management skills.
- Fluent Mandarin and English speaker.
- Strong oral presentation as well as versatile writing/communication skills in both Mandarin and English.
- Experience in winning new business.
- Comfortable operating in fast-paced environment and international teams.
- Meticulous attention to details and deadlines.
- Flexibility to adjust work schedule to other time zones, if needed.
- Willing to travel.
- Experience in moderating Focus Groups and running Diary Studies.
- Experience in conducting un-moderated remote User Experience Research.
- Preferably some UX design skills.
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders across departments and countries.