Ensuring professional Procurement within the country, region or company including continuous improvement of business contribution
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Set up a professional Procurement function and coordinate all Procurement activities within the organization as defined business processes based on a global Procurement framework.
● Planning, optimization and control of purchased services/materials to assure sustainable financial result
● Ensure a clear Procurement strategy for the organization and develop an appropriate vendor portfolio (e.g. 2 vendor strategy per category)
● Initiation and control of demand pooling, supplier management and early integration into Procurement-related procedures. In case of conflict with heads of business divisions/units, head of Procurement has the power of veto.
● Business optimized adaptation of global process framework, detailing of processes down to required level for fluent daily business.
● Professional leadership for all operational buyers and category managers in the organization, even for employees doing procurement part-time
● Improve the methodical education of the procurement employees and improve the ability of the Procurement organization to be a reliable partner internally to the business functions and externally to the vendors
● Implement and develop sufficient IT support for all Procurement activities. Define clear indicators to measure the Procurement performance and ensure the respective data management.
● Collaborate with the global teams and with the larger matrix organization.
Strong capabilities developing expert analytic reports. IT knowledge and proven Project Management expertise.
● At least 3 years of supervisory experience.
● Proactive; aggressively take the lead on improvements and innovation with data, metrics, analysis and reporting.
● Demonstrated ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously delivering high quality results in terms of process, content and timeliness.
● Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills, keen willingness to get “hands dirty” on detailed analysis, not the traditional “lead through others” type.
● Strong ability to develop linkages with the company’s different divisions and functions.
● Strong and collaborative leadership capabilities to deliver results.
● Ability to interact and influence effectively across all levels of the organization.
● Self-starter with personal drive to succeed and achieve results.
Education: Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Business) or equivalent experience. Graduate degree preferred.
To find out more information about the role and to apply, please click here