Are you passionate about technology, but you don’t have any experience in the field? This role might be perfect for you!
- Provide support for internal consultants and support staff on a wide variety of issues and requests predominately via email with a high degree of professionalism and understanding of the business requirements
- Applies good judgment and assesses urgency of request
- Redirect requests not managed by GHD to other support groups (application of Operating Processes)
- Recognizes what basic details are required in order to respond to: Requests (I need a …), How To’s (simple FAQ), Technical Problems/Errors (device specific information – hardware and software)
- Provide account-related administration for: MS Active Directory, Domino/Notes, RIM BlackBerry, RSA, WebEx.
- Contribute to a strong team environment by engaging the assistance of other team members when appropriate, as well as being available to provide other colleagues assistance
- Supports recognized KCS principles (Use, Flag, Fix, Add)
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Acquire and maintain knowledge on supported products and services to provide timely and technically accurate solutions
- High School Diploma
- No previous experience required
- Looking for individuals who are looking to enter the IT support field
- It is likely the person is pursuing further education in the Computer Sciences field (student), or requires a professional work experience to complete a certificate or diploma program
- Technically inclined: Interested in and able to use technology (workstation hardware/software, web-based applications, mobile computing devices) with minimal support (Natural ability)
- Has hands-on experience in configuring a Microsoft Windows workstation (i.e., first-time setup).
- Has setup home network using WiFi routers. Understands configuration requirements and security and wireless protocols
- Has basic understanding of Windows operating system support plus integrated features (browsers, Active Directory profiles and group policies, …)
- Ideally has attended a business communications class
- Advanced command of the English language (Common European Framework level B2 or higher)
- Thrives in a collaborative work environment; Takes responsibility for seeing requests through to completion; Possesses strong willingness to help and displays a “client first” oriented work style; Strong problem-solving skills – able to apply a logical and organized approach to the analysis and resolution of issues; Maintains a quality-oriented mindset; Is adaptable to users situations/needs and technology change; Likes to be challenged.