The Oil & Gas Practice helps clients in all aspects of the industry, from upstream activities such as exploration, drilling production and services, through transportation and refining. The work is a balance between service to the corporate centers and to the various business units on a variety of strategic, organizational, and operational issues.
The role of an Oil & Gas Specialist is to:
- Drive and deliver high-quality, high impact client work on topics related to the upstream and/or downstream oil & gas
- Deliver upstream content knowledge working either directly with clients and client service teams, or by leading engagements in the upstream space
- Lead or contribute to practice knowledge development initiatives that materially advancing the Firm’s upstream capabilities
- Maintain or develop a strong internal reputation and network with client teams who are natural “clients” in their area
- Supporting client service teams at various stages; for example, providing an industry overview, helping with issue identification, or advising on the practicalities of implementation
- Providing analytical support to teams, through the development and application of our proprietary petroleum models
- Participating in client development for both current and new clients – at meetings or workshops, for example, on topics of interest
- Writing proposals for new client engagements
- Be “in the flow” of new external thinking, including maintaining or developing an external reputation.
- Renew personal knowledge and expertise over time to remain at leading edge of field.
- Play a leadership role in the practice and service line, including coaching & mentoring to more junior colleagues
- 5-15 years of relevant work experience with Oil & Gas services, operating company or professional services firm
- Demonstrated credibility in upstream (E&P or OFSE) operations, performance improvement or strategy
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills combined with outstanding business acumen
- Proven ability to lead teams, motivate others, communicate complex ideas clearly, gain the respect of clients and colleagues, and work collaboratively
- Distinctive records of academic achievement perhaps including an advanced degree in business, economics, petroleum, chemical or mechanical engineering, or geology