The Facilities Officer will work with the Office Manager to ensure the smooth running of the UK operations including building/maintaining relationships with external suppliers, health & safety/legal compliance assessments, procurement of goods/materials, and stock control. Practical ‘hands on’ building maintenance/repairs are a major component of this role.
The UK operations comprise of two office locations, including a Grade II listed building, and corporate accommodation.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced buildings maintenance/facilities officer to take responsibility for a multi site property portfolio within a global consulting firm.
- Ensuring maintenance of the building structures, within London and Oxford locations (electrical, plumbing, carpentry, fabric and plastering repairs).
- Ensure continuous legal compliance of facilities and building management.
- Directly undertake general maintenance services and repairs where appropriate.
- Liaise with third party suppliers, building new relationships and negotiating cost-effective solutions.
- Supervise temporary contractors/service providers; ensuring successful completion of repairs/maintenance, within budget and to timescales.
- Procurement of equipment/stock/services for both UK sites.
- Ensure Health & Safety records are maintained,
- Maintain appropriate security systems and levels for all office buildings and corporate accommodation sites.
- Ensure meeting room facilities are in good working conditions organisation.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
The successful candidate will be a proactive individual, with the drive and tenacity to achieve business objectives and provide the appropriate solution. An organised and ‘hands on’ working practice is essential with the commitment to prioritise tasks, demonstrate a professional attitude and adhere to timescales/deadlines.
- Previous facilities experience, with a proven track record within successful buildings maintenance.
- Experience in Health & Safety assessments and fire precautions.
- Knowledge/experience of both hard and soft services within facilities.
- Current knowledge of legal compliance within buildings/facility.
- Strong project management skills/experience.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to communicate with senior management and external suppliers.
- Ability to work in a highly organised manner and meet deadlines.
If you are interested in working in a fast paced, dynamic and rewarding work environment and you meet the requirements of this role, please forward your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the position.
To find out more information about the role and to apply, please click here