McKinsey launched Energy Insights, part of McKinsey’s Solutions office, in 2012 to further strengthen and extend its consulting services in the oil & gas and the power sectors.
As an analyst you will be expected to contribute to McKinsey’s research on global oil demand both for the short and long term and participate in the following initiatives:
- Research oil market and update tools: With the help of the broader Energy Insights team, you will research global oil demand and help the updating of the Energy Insights perspective on a periodic basis. You will also need to reach out to your McKinsey colleagues from other industries to validate hypotheses on oil consumption. Daily problem solving will be an important part of your job
- Team work: You will be an excellent and inspirational team player who is motivated to deliver at a high bar. You will be asked to liaise with your manager, the leadership of Energy Insights and a range of colleagues within the wider Firm. Over time you will be required to contribute to the strategic direction of your area and help develop new and more detailed forecasts
- Knowledge development. You are expected to deepen your global energy markets expertise through thisrole over time. Based on your knowledge, you will be expected to make increasingly independent day-to-day calls regarding the tools and perspectives you will be responsible for. You will develop good relationships with senior expert practitioners and McKinsey knowledge network
- Post Graduate from a leading University in Management, Engineering, Economics, or any other quantitative-focused discipline.
- 0-2 years of Industry experience as a market analyst/economist or consultant in the energy sector
- Previous experience in a highly challenging working environment as an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, superior problem-solving, analytical skills, interpersonal effectiveness
- Proven people skills and ability to thrive in a complex and dynamic environment
- Proficiency in English is required, any other foreign language skills will be appreciated