This individual will be responsible for managing qualitative research projects for a wide variety of corporate clients with, the majority of the work being focused in early stage innovation/ideation facilitation.
TNS is one of the world’s leading market information groups, providing market measurement, analysis, insight and advice in more than 150 countries. Working with national and multinational organizations, we help our clients develop effective business strategies and enhance relationships with their customers. Delivering best-in-class service across more than 80 countries. TNS is part of Kantar, the world’s largest research, insight and consultancy network. TNS advises clients on specific growth strategies around new market entry, innovation, brand switching and stakeholder management, based on long-established expertise and market-leading solutions. With a presence in over 80 countries, TNS has more conversations with the world’s consumers than anyone else and understands individual human behaviors and attitudes across every cultural, economic and political region of the world.
Kantar is the data investment management division of WPP and one of the world’s largest insight, information and consultancy groups. By connecting the diverse talents of its 13 specialist companies, the group aims to become the pre-eminent provider of compelling and inspirational insights for the global business community. Its 28,500 employees work across 100 countries and across the whole spectrum of research and consultancy disciplines, enabling the group to offer clients business insights at every point of the consumer cycle. The group’s services are employed by over half of the Fortune Top 500 companies.
You will do…
- Directly accountable for successful and profitable creative initiatives, particularly critical ideation sessions and the quantity and quality of creative output from these sessions.
- Translate project-specific objectives and identified innovation platforms into the most appropriate and effective ideation work session agenda.
- Leverage proven and emerging techniques of creative problem solving, ideation and creativity that link directly to the objectives and overall strategy.
- Facilitate ideation sessions for TNS and our cross-industry clients. Follow-through after the session to aggregate the ideas into meaningful output for client, including test-ready concepts.
- Leads cross-functional client teams including agency partners and creative catalysts through 2 days of intensive ideation practices.
- Ensure events deliver project P&L targets, utilizing approaches that deliver effective results with efficiency.
- Assist VP in establishing a sustainable network of qualified talent (internally and externally) to cover demand peaks and perform innovation work domestically and, as needed, globally.
- Cross-train other TNS team members, provide mentoring and skill refinement to grow resources for the TNS Qualitative IPD practice.
- Establish a network of external creative resources capable of handling the scope of innovation projects within an acceptable project cost structure.
- Effectively integrate these resources into the TNS innovation process, ensuring that projects run seamlessly in accordance with TNS protocols and philosophies.
- Work as a key member of the account team in relation to research design, pricing and information needed to initiate a project.
- Manage full project life cycle while monitoring project timeline, quality, and profitability.
- Facilitate high-level projects across a variety of methods, sectors.
- Client point of contact, focused on meeting clients needs and working to build client relationships along with industry knowledge expertise.
- Directly accountable for developing and executing successful and profitable qualitative projects.
- Initiate the team’s efforts in the most effective use of analytic processes and research methodologies to address client business issues.
You will need…
- 5-10 years of innovation experience preferred (will consider less if can demonstrate skills).
- Extensive experience leading client pitches; able to sell multi-phase, research programs. Viewed as a strategic partner and trusted advisor, both internally within TNS and externally with clients.
- Evidence of designing quality proposals (identifying the right approach); able to challenge clients’ thinking and demonstrate real added value and insight.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Market Research, Sociology, Business or a related field required.