McKinsey & Company has developed a distinctive, innovative, global network of knowledge professionals based in numerous locations around the world. Our knowledge professionals support McKinsey engagements and knowledge-building efforts by providing services that range from the delivery of basic facts to developing industry or functional insight and providing expert “thought partnership” on the key issues.
McKinsey’s Strategy and Corporate Finance Practice aspires to be an architect of long-term value for our clients by helping develop and execute corporate strategies and initiate and shape value-creating transactions. Within the practice, our Strategy and Trends Analysis Center (STAC) is a center of excellence bringing together analytical capabilities from strategy, corporate finance and economics. The STAC-Corporate Performance team brings together leading finance experts and strategists to help our clients map corporate strategy to fundamental and capital market performance. The aim is to help our clients understand their capital market performance and identify strategic actions to increase shareholder value. Through its centers across multiple locations (New York, Amsterdam, Gurgaon, San Jose, Costa Rica, Shanghai and Wroclaw), the STAC-Corporate Performance team provides analytical capabilities involving Corporate Performance Diagnostics (CPDs) and discounted cash flow based valuation and modeling within a broader strategy consulting context.
- Working closely with STAC-Corporate Performance manager, experts and senior leaders of the practice in the outreach effort to bring the best corporate finance concepts for our client service teams and clients in GCO.
- Conducting financial analyses and valuations of companies to develop insights into the capital markets’ perspectives on an industry or company. Additionally, you may work on leading-edge research projects as part of McKinsey’s ongoing knowledge development efforts
- Collaborating with McKinsey client teams to identify and evaluate critical issues leveraging strategy and corporate finance tools and expertise with senior client executives, while working onsite or remotely
Desired professional experience and academic background:
- Professional work experience of 4 to 6 years, preferably in the corporate finance research or advisory space
- Postgraduate degree (business, economics or finance – preferred) from an institute of repute with an outstanding academic record or demonstration of expertise in finance/accounting
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who enjoys the challenges and rewards of research work in a dynamic and changing environment
- Demonstrated finance or accounting experience in an academic or business setting
- Strong interest in Corporate Finance with clear interest in broad range of business, strategy and finance topics
- Superior problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)