BTO is comprised of nearly 700 McKinsey consultants globally who work on the same types of engagements as anyone else at McKinsey. On balance, however, they do more technology-related projects than others at the firm. In addition, our consultants develop particular expertise in technology, whether in a particular industry or in a functional area such as operations or marketing.
What all of our Associates do:
Successful candidates will achieve significant impact by applying their industry knowledge to advise clients directly. The breadth of our delivery includes;
1. Client engagement work
- Working as a team member for specific client studies with direct contact to key members of client organisation.
- Supporting client service teams at various stages, for example providing an industry overview and helping with issue identification
2. Client development
- Participating in client development for both current and new clients (e.g., meetings/workshops on topics of interest)
- Writing proposals for new client engagements
3. Knowledge building and knowledge transfer
- Participating in or leading key internal knowledge building initiatives
- Participating in and contributing to practice conferences and workshops
BTO candidates often have a technical professional background, for example, experience in a tech-enabled consulting firm, technology start-up, high tech company, or an IT or tech-related role in any industry, such as financial services, healthcare, retail, telcom etc.
To find out more information about the role and to apply, please click here