McKinsey’s Business Technology Practice is seeking a Practice Expert specializing in data transformation and architecture.
Aggregating, analyzing, and acting on increasingly large data sets is a critical capability for many of our clients, underpinning productivity growth and innovation and requiring active leadership from executive teams to shepherd organizations through transformational change. Despite this importance, many large companies have struggled to transform their data infrastructure and analytical capabilities into a productive and integral part of the business. To support these clients through the entire process of data transformation from designing the overall business case to data architecture, governance, and implementation, McKinsey’s Business Technology Office has launched the Big Data practice and is recruiting experts to serve clients in building out data and advanced analytics capabilities, delivering change at scale and registering impact to the organization’s strategy, efficiency, and top-line growth.
As an expert in this space, you will have the opportunity to:
- Support clients through the process of data transformation, including generating the overall business and investment case, the prioritization of business requirements, developing a next-generation data architecture, creating innovative data governance options, and supporting implementation through pilots and project management support
- Assess and gain insights into business, IT and BI/analytics functions of leading companies from a top management perspective across sectors
- Support development of key knowledge resources, codifying best practices and key decision points in the data transformation journey
A successful candidate will have:
- 10-12+ years of hands-on experience in data architecture, data management, advanced analytics and operational reporting
- Two or three areas with deep practical knowledge in big data/analytics, business intelligence, data architecture & technology, data management processes, and data governance
- Expert knowledge of data management domain in banking, insurance, and healthcare industry sector
- Part of team, helping client to implement, while building client capabilities
- High level of commitment, energy, and creativity to meet demanding timelines
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Capable of taking the initiative and working independently as well as in teams (and leading teams)
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable with extensive travel
- Proven record of academic excellence; graduate degree from a top university in computer science, engineering, physics, mathematics or business degree with specialization in technology management, industrial engineering or similar. Second degree (MBA, PhD) from a top institution is a strong advantage.