This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious person with excellent business development skills to join one of the world’s leading market research companies, GfK. GfK provides key insight and information to a wide range of clients across several key market sectors. We offer innovative solutions using cutting edge technology and would like someone to help us sell these services to our client and prospects.
The Business Development Manager is a multi-faceted role which involves the following:
- Developing new business leads, creating new business opportunities and closing deals to generate revenue for the business
- Identifying product development opportunities based on client and prospect demand and feedback
- Negotiating major contract renewals
- Knowledge and understanding of the industry sectors in which they have an involvement. This expertise will be used to provide high quality information and interpretive presentations to senior managers within client companies, adding value to GfK’s products and services.
Experience, Skills, Competencies required
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A proven track record of success in selling and negotiating contracts in a market research environment
- Previous experience in a market research agency providing top quality service to multiple clients, particularly developing new business and giving insightful presentations to senior managers
- A confident and dynamic approach to solving client/prospects information needs. Proven ability to be flexible and adapt to different requirements.